Badbackminton


In the last blog I introduced you to Needlework Natalie. A few months ago she approached me causing me to become all a splutter.  She asked me, and I  might say her look of innocence was a prize performance,  'do you do any sport? '

As you can imagine I shook my head vigoursly once the splutters had subsided. Well, Natalie has a way with words.  She weaves them in and out and backstitches them so upside down they look forwards and before I knew it I do do sport.  Badminton. 

Now every Sunday we venture to the court and play shuttlecock pickup.  We generally win 2 games each in an hour. For the last 10 minutes we play with our wrong hand so as we don't become one-sided Popeyes.  This makes us look demented but evens out our arm circumference.  I do feel overcome with a need to explain to others on the courts what we're doing.   

Last Sunday we played an adaption that I found I was very good at, Badbackminton. I had tweaked my back lifting a bin bag that morning but decided kill or cure,  I'd play.  Badbackminton consisted of me playing less vigorously and standing still. As the points mounted in my favour,  2-1, 5-2, 11-3 I realised I was brilliant.  Before I knew it I had 3 games in the bag.  Needlework Natalie was exhausted.  

Sadly, our precious feather shuttlecock later saw its demise.  My puppy took it from my bag and I found it chewed in her bed.  I assume it was the puppy and not Needlework Natalie in anger.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Him Visits Goats

Now that that advert for my Facebook page is out of the way back to the Anna lifestory.  We had Father's Day of course since my Oslo pos...